Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
In the winter, the temperature drops sharply, the same fermentation agent and the same fermentation method, the fermentation residue and simmering water are not as fast as the other seasons, what is the reason, and what should be paid attention to when making fermented feed in winter?
I. Conditions to be met for making fermented feed in winter
1. Solid dregs fermentation requires room temperature above 5 ° C. When the bacteria is activated, it is easier to start fermentation by using warm water at a local temperature of 35 ° C, because when the solid fermentation material is stacked, as long as the bacteria are activated, the heat will be generated and the bacteria can work normally.
2. The temperature of the fermentation broth must be above 20 ° C and below 35 ° C, and the room temperature must be above 12 ° C.
Method for making starter feed in winter
1. Add energy substances to assist fermentation. Bacterial fermentation dregs require energy, and the general energy mainly comes from corn and tuber feed such as corn flour, tapioca flour, sweet potato flour, flour, rice flour, sorghum flour, and wheat flour. Adding more than 10% of corn flour and other energy feeds to the dregs to be fermented can not only provide the energy needed for the bacteria to start, but also absorb the excess water in the dregs and decanted water, and increase the breathability of the fermentation material. Before fermentation, brown sugar water at about 35 ° C is used to activate the bacteria for half an hour, which is also effective in improving the fermentation progress.
2. The moisture of the dregs to be fermented should not be too high. In winter fermented feed, the moisture content of dregs should be lower than in other seasons, and it is better to control it at about 50%. Water is a substance that absorbs heat easily. In low-temperature and high-humidity fermentation materials, especially in winter, the temperature is difficult to rise.
3. External heat assists in initiating local fermentation. The use of external heat to locally activate the activity of bacteria and speed up the work speed of bacteria is an effective method for making fermented feed in winter. The operation modes are:
(1) Place an iron bucket in the center of the fermenting pile, add a brazier in the bucket, and place the charcoal in the brazier, then cover the charcoal with sawdust, and cover the mouth of the bucket with a wooden board.
(2) For a one-time fermentation volume of more than 3 cubic meters, open one end of the iron barrel and place it horizontally on the ground. Heat the fire in the iron barrel, cover the film with one end, and cover the iron barrel with the fermentation material. . When you see the fermented material heating up and hot, you can stop the fire and let the fermenting material ferment by itself at the remaining temperature.
(3) Heat up with a hot water bottle. If there is not much waste, you can also use a hot water bottle to heat up. The method is: wrap the hot water bottle filled with hot water with a thick cloth, put it in the middle of the fermenting material, and let the hot water bottle dissipate to the seeds, help the bacteria to locally heat up, start fermentation, and drive the surrounding fermenting materials into the fermentation state.
4. Increase the looseness of the fermentation material. Aerobic fermentation is the main stage of the fermentation of bacteria. Aerobic fermentation produces heat quickly. When the oxygen in the material is consumed, it enters the anaerobic fermentation stage. Therefore, adding an appropriate amount of rice bran and smashing straw during fermentation of dregs can play a role in loosening and ventilating.
October 11, 2017
Chengdu Xinxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Editorial Department
Editor: Little Devil in Gourd