Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
In the contemporary era of increasing demand for pork, pig farming has gradually become a key industry for the development of the livestock and poultry breeding industry. Pig farming is a complex and long-term process. Pick up the piglets and select piglets of good quality. So what is the best way to choose piglets?
I. Timely: This means that the time to purchase pigs should be appropriate, usually in spring. Even if it is not possible to purchase piglets in the spring due to conditions, it is necessary to avoid purchasing pigs in August in the lunar calendar. During this period, the morbidity and mortality of pigs are relatively high (high temperature and stress), commonly known as "rotten August".
2. Nearby: First, if there are ideal hybrid piglets in the local area, purchase them locally to avoid infectious diseases and other adverse effects; It is prone to fights, fights, and chasing bites. They live in harmony with each other, grow up quickly and go out at the same time, and have high overall economic benefits.
Third, ear test: to buy piglets with ear number (standard). Ear tags are cards on the ears of pigs, and are a logo for pigs on a regular pig farm . Such pigs are generally immune to pigs on the farm and are not susceptible to some viral diseases.
Fourth, look at:
1. See if the size of the head matches the torso. Appropriate proportion of piglets develop normally and are healthy and disease-free;
2. Looking at the forehead, the piglets with wide and flat foreheads develop quickly; the slightly forehead with too many wrinkles indicates old age, commonly known as "little old pigs", with a slow growth rate;
3. Looking at the eyes, healthy pigs have bright and godly eyes, while sick pigs often have red eyes or poop;
4. Look at the nose. Healthy pigs have long nose bridges, large and clean nostrils, wet nose and sweat;
5, look at the mouth, good pig long mouth, round mouth, thin lips, flush with the upper and lower lips, this pig does not picky eaters, fast growth.
5. Listening sounds: Healthy pigs breathe smoothly and rhythmically, with loud and loud snoring sounds, while sick pigs have sharp, hoarse, or coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing and nasal flaps, or ventral breathing. Body tremor.
6. Heavy weight: When choosing the same litter, choose the one with the largest weight. The greater the weight of weaned piglets, the faster the development and the more significant the weight gain. Generally, piglets weighing 50-60 days should reach 15-20 kg. Piglets below this weight are generally not purchased.
Seven, look at the hair: to choose piglets with thin skin, thin hair and tender meat. This kind of pig's fur is smooth and oily, the skin is pink, the constitution is good, and it grows quickly. Pigs with "thick skin, thick hair, and old meat" grow slowly. The most obvious characteristics of sick pigs are thick fur, fluffy and dull.
Selection of skin: The skin of healthy pigs is smooth and elastic. First pick piglets without mange, if swelling, ulcers, and nodules are found on the skin surface, the cause must be identified to prevent infection.
Nine, pick belly: choose pigs with full belly, this kind of pig has a good appetite and grows fast. Select pigs with thoracic and abdominal blood vessels, especially mammary veins that are obvious, loose skin, and short anal space. The selection method is to lift both hind limbs of the pig. If the skin at the bottom of the abdomen (middle breast) is frequently swung to both sides, the skin blood vessels on both sides of the breast are clear, indicating that the skin is loose, the vessels are large, and the body is in good condition.
X. Checking stools: Healthy pig stools are round and shiny, normal urine output and color, and body temperature is between 38-39.5 ℃. The stool of sick pigs is dry or thin, with bloodshot or mucus, dirt around the anus, little urine and yellow color, and body temperature below 38 ° C or above 39.5 ° C.
I believe that breeding professional households can achieve the above ten points when selecting piglets, so the selected piglets must be excellent breeds.
May 4, 2017
Chengdu Xinxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Editorial Department
Editor: Little Devil in Gourd