Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
With the popularity and widespread application of chicken house temperature and humidity monitoring systems , many subsequent questions are also increasing. Many staff and customers have certain misunderstandings about the chicken house temperature and humidity monitoring system , which has led to the chicken house. There is a misunderstanding in the understanding and operation of the temperature and humidity monitoring system . In order to solve some of your special problems, Xiaoxin made the following questions and answers to inform you about the mainstream knowledge of the chicken house monitoring system.
How does the ambient temperature and humidity in the house affect the growth of chickens?
Answer: Under proper temperature conditions, air humidity does not have much effect on the chicken's thermal regulation function, so it has little effect on its growth.
At high temperature and humidity, chickens mainly rely on evaporation to dissipate heat. The high humidity of the air will hinder the evaporation and heat dissipation of chickens, and body heat is easily accumulated in the body, which will increase body temperature and reduce growth capacity.
The high temperature and low humidity are conducive to the evaporation and heat dissipation of chickens. Therefore, chickens can tolerate higher temperatures in low humidity environments.
At low temperature and high humidity, the chicken body mainly dissipates heat through radiation, conduction, and convection. The heat capacity and thermal conductivity of humid air are high, which increases the heat dissipation of the chicken body. At the same time, moist air causes the chicken feathers to increase humidity, reduce heat retention, increase heat loss, make chickens feel colder, increase feed consumption, reduce growth ability, and even hurt. In low-temperature and low-humidity environments, chickens can generally tolerate, but feed consumption will increase significantly.
What is the suitable humidity for the chicken house environment?
Under the premise of proper temperature, the relative humidity is 60% RH to 65% RH. Generally speaking, 40% RH to 72% RH is the appropriate humidity for chickens.
The upper limit temperature of laying hens decreases with increasing humidity. The reference data is as follows:
The temperature is 28 ℃ and the relative humidity is 75% RH;
Temperature 31 ℃, relative humidity 50% RH;
Temperature 33 ℃, relative humidity 30% RH;
The ability to grow under the above conditions is the same.
That is, the relative humidity drops from 75% RH to 30% RH, and the temperature drops by 5 ° C.
Relative humidity above 85% in winter has an adverse effect on egg production. At a temperature of 29 ° C and a relative humidity of 40% RH and 80% RH, the daily weight gain of light chickens was 14.9g and 13.8g, the daily weight gain of heavy chickens was 30.6g and 29.7g, and the feed conversion rate was also increased by about 2.5%. High temperature and humidity can promote the breeding of microorganisms, leading to the occurrence of diseases and feed mold. However, the air should not be too dry, especially at high temperatures, which will affect the defense ability of the mucous membranes and skin.
Relative humidity of less than 35% is likely to cause respiratory diseases and make chicken feathers grow poorly. If the dust in the house increases, the pecking habit will become more and more serious, which is one of the reasons for the pecking habit. Therefore, preventing humidity and excessive drying in the house is also an important task for management. Humidity is also an important parameter in a chicken environment.
What are the effects of ammonia concentration on chickens?
Answer: The effects of ammonia concentration on chicken growth are:
(1) Ammonia affects the growth performance of chickens, ducks, pigs, cattle, and other animals. It can cause rapid growth and metabolism of mucosal cells, which will increase the need for oxygen and energy. At the same time, the detoxification process of ammonia is a high energy consumption. Therefore, the energy used by the animal for growth and production is correspondingly reduced, thereby affecting the growth performance of the animal.
(2) Ammonia can reduce the body's resistance. After inhaling ammonia gas through the respiratory tract, it enters the blood through the alveoli and combines with hemoglobin to change the hemoglobin into heme, reducing the oxygen-carrying ability of hemoglobin and blood alkalinity. The oxidizing properties of storage and hemoglobin, resulting in anemia and tissue hypoxia, reduce the body's resistance to disease.
(3) High concentration of ammonia gas is very harmful to the flock, which mainly induces respiratory and eye diseases, and reduces the production level of the flock.
(4) The aqueous ammonia solution is alkaline and irritating to the mucous membranes. Alkali burns can occur in severe cases, which can cause tears, burning pain, inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva, and visual impairment.
(5) Ammonia entering the respiratory tract can cause symptoms such as cough, bronchitis and bronchitis, pulmonary edema, hemorrhage, dyspnea, suffocation, and even necrosis, resulting in respiratory disorders.
(6) The accumulation of harmful gases such as ammonia in chicken houses in winter will accelerate the occurrence of high fever (highly pathogenic avian influenza), spread the susceptibility to diseases, and reduce production performance.
Through the above questions and answers, I believe that everyone has a new understanding of chicken house breeding. Xinxin IoT wireless wireless temperature and humidity monitoring system can make a significant contribution to it in agricultural greenhouses , animal husbandry , and warehouse storage.
September 22, 2016
Chengdu Xinxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Editorial Department
Editor: Little Devil in Gourd