Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
The cold air in winter makes it impossible for the chickens in the hen house to open the window and ventilate frequently. In addition, the temperature in the hen house needs to ensure the temperature of chicken growth. Frequent heating treatment will also increase the humidity of the hen house. However, higher humidity will affect the healthy growth of the flock. Excessive humidity will easily cause respiratory and digestive diseases of the chicken, which may cause diarrhea in some cases and life-threatening in severe cases.
In order to ensure that the chicken house is suitable for winter, it is necessary to maintain the humidity within a normal range through two methods of prevention and reduction.
1. Add foot bedding to the henhouse before winter. The litter is relatively dry at the beginning. In order to maintain proper humidity, water or spray is often used; however, after the litter is used to a certain extent, the absorbency of the litter is weakened, and watering is no longer necessary. And when the moisture is too heavy, you can add some lime to the litter to absorb water.
2. If the chicken often pulls out the thinner feces, the evaporation of water in the feces will also cause the air humidity to increase, so in order to prevent this, 5% of zeolite powder is usually added to the chicken feed to reduce Fecal water content.
3. Doing a good drinking water project can also control the air humidity in the chicken house. Usually, the drinking water line needs to be lowered below 10 centimeters. The drinking water line should be checked frequently. The leaky joints of the drinking fountain should be replaced or repaired immediately. If water leaks from drinking fountains, it should be handled in time to prevent excessive humidity in the house due to water leakage and affect the health of the flock.
4, the ground humidity is too large, you can put some large pieces of lime on the ground to absorb the small moisture in the air, after the lime is wet can be removed.
5. Change the litter regularly. Wet and contaminated litter should be replaced in a timely manner. The litter in winter is coal slag. Coal slag can not only adsorb harmful gas, but also helps the chicken digestion after eating the coal slag. It can also obtain mineral nutrients from the coal slag.
6. Use the chicken house environmental monitoring system to monitor and control the humidity in the house in real time. If the humidity is too large, increase the ventilation.
The most important thing for chickens in winter is temperature regulation and control. However, farmers should not ignore the changes in humidity while paying attention to temperature. Only by regulating the temperature and humidity can chickens safely survive the winter growing season.
February 17, 2016
Chengdu Xinxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Editorial Department
Editor: Little Devil in Gourd