Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
The severe cold in winter puts many animals into hibernation, and many plants are dying. The past winter was also a season of vegetable shortage. At that time, the demand for vegetables in winter could only be maintained by growing vegetables that can withstand the cold; but now with the emergence of greenhouses , winter vegetables have become more and more diverse , So that people can also eat vegetables in summer in winter.
The emergence of greenhouses makes vegetables that are not conducive to growth under cold and low temperature conditions in winter can be fully and vigorously grown in the greenhouse. Seeing that winter has come, then when planting in a greenhouse in winter, the following matters should be noted to ensure high-quality and high-yield greenhouse cultivation.
First, the framework and structure of the greenhouse must be strengthened in winter.
When winter comes, snow is a common occurrence, especially for northern regions, where there may be long periods of snowstorms. The arrival of heavy snow will cause snow accumulation on the periphery of the greenhouse. If sudden snow falls at night, snow will accumulate on the roof of the greenhouse. Therefore, in order to ensure that the greenhouse cannot be damaged by the heavy snow accumulation in winter, it is first necessary to ensure that the framework of the greenhouse is strong and that the framework can withstand the damage and pressure of heavy snow. And when the snow is heavy, observe the snow on the roof in time. If the snow is thick, clear it in time to reduce the pressure on the greenhouse. When cold protection measures are taken on cold nights, materials such as thermal insulation quilts are covered outside the shed. These materials also have a certain weight. Therefore, the framework of the greenhouse should be reinforced before the winter.
Second, do a good job of insulation and antifreeze in the greenhouse.
Low temperatures in winter can cause vegetables to fail to grow properly and flower and bear fruit. The so-called greenhouse is to provide a warm environment for vegetable growth, so that vegetables are not affected by the outside greenhouse in the cold season. For the insulation in the winter greenhouse, we can take the following measures.
1. When it comes to snow, cold wave, or rainy day, you can cover the greenhouse with straw curtains, cotton felt, and insulation blankets to resist the severe cold brought by rain and snow. It can also take the form of multiple layers of film inside and outside to protect against the severe cold.
2. After the snow, it is necessary to eliminate the surrounding snow in time to prevent the temperature in the greenhouse from being greatly reduced due to snow melting and water evaporation and heat absorption.
3. In northern areas, radiator heating is often used to ensure the temperature in the greenhouse. Therefore, in snowy nights, heating in the greenhouse can be continued, so that the crops will not be frozen due to insufficient peripheral insulation measures.
4. If it is at the stage of seed germination, the seed can be covered with a film, which can also protect the normal germination and growth of the seed.
5. Or take other insulation measures.
December 2, 2015
Chengdu Xinxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Editorial Department
Editor: Little Devil in Gourd