Unfortunately, because your browser version is too low to get the best browsing experience, it is recommended to download and install Google Chrome!
Recently, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs issued Announcement No. 79, which put forward requirements for the supervision of pig transport vehicles during the African swine fever emergency response. The first is to clarify for the first time the requirements for the filing of live pig transport vehicles, and provide for the conditions that vehicles should meet and the procedures for filing. The second is to improve the requirements for the live pig transportation process. It is clear that vehicles that transport live pigs across regions should be equipped with a vehicle positioning and tracking system. The live pigs should meet the corresponding animal epidemic prevention requirements. The third is to strengthen the supervision of live pig transportation, and it is clear that the animal health supervision agency should strictly check the record of transport vehicles, and find that the transport vehicles are not filed, and order correction. The fourth is to clarify that the carrier should fulfill the animal epidemic prevention obligations such as cleaning and disinfection of transportation vehicles.
According to the results of epidemiological investigations, the long-range transportation of live pigs is the main reason for the spread of the epidemic across regions. Transport vehicles that do not meet animal epidemic prevention requirements and have not been cleaned and disinfected have a higher risk of spreading the epidemic. At the same time, some law-breakers have driven pigs from high-risk provinces in violation of regulations, and some regions have triggered the African swine fever epidemic. The promulgation of the announcement will help to block the transmission of the virus and prevent the epidemic from spreading across regions. In the next step, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs will guide various places to publicize and announce relevant requirements, and work with relevant departments to strengthen supervision and inspection of live pigs and their transport vehicles, and promote the implementation of various regulatory measures.
According to the "Animal Epidemic Prevention Law of the People's Republic of China", "Regulations on Emergency Response to Major Animal Epidemics", "National Emergency Plan for Major Animal Epidemic Outbreaks", "Notice of the General Office of the State Council on Further Promoting the Prevention and Control of African Swine Fever" 〔No. 12) and other regulations, in order to do a good job in the prevention and control of the African swine fever epidemic, the relevant issues regarding the strengthening of the supervision of pig transportation vehicles during the emergency response to the African swine fever epidemic are announced as follows.
1. Pig transport vehicles should meet the following conditions:
(1) Adopting special motor vehicles, the vehicle load and space of which are adapted to the size and quantity of live pigs being transported;
(2) Corrosion resistance and leakage prevention of the wall and bottom;
(3) It has facilities to prevent the leakage and stray of animal droppings and litter to facilitate cleaning and disinfection;
(4) Equipped with simple cleaning and disinfection equipment;
(5) Having other facilities and equipment for animal epidemic prevention.
2. The pig transport vehicle shall be filed with the county-level animal husbandry and veterinary department at the carrier ’s location, and the original and photocopy of the following materials shall be submitted when filing:
(1) the identity card or business license of the vehicle owner;
(2) the road transport operation license of the applicant;
(3) Motor vehicle driving license of the vehicle on record;
(4) Vehicle operation certificate of the vehicle on record.
3. The animal husbandry and veterinary department shall keep a copy of the relevant certificates when filing for the record, and timely inspect the live pig transport vehicle on site to verify the relevant information and vehicle conditions. If the hog transport vehicle meets the requirements, a record form for the hog transport vehicle shall be issued and the relevant information shall be entered into the national animal quarantine electronic certification system; if it is not compliant, the applicant shall be notified and the reason shall be explained.
4. The pig transportation vehicle shall be recorded accurately with the information such as the brand, color, model, license plate, vehicle owner, carrying capacity, etc. of the pig transportation vehicle, and the serial number shall be standardized. See the attachment for the style of the registration form of the pig transport vehicle.
5. Vehicles that transport pigs across provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities, and vehicles that transport pigs across counties in epidemic-prone provinces and neighboring provinces, should be equipped with a vehicle positioning and tracking system, and relevant information records should be kept for more than half a year.
6. If a carrier transports pigs by road, it shall use a registered pig transport vehicle and carry the pigs strictly in accordance with the destination, quantity, etc. stated in the animal quarantine certificate; the carrier shall not carry the animal without providing an animal quarantine certificate.
7. When transporting live pigs, the carrier shall provide the necessary feeding and drinking conditions for the live pigs. The density of live pigs shall meet the requirements through isolation. The number of live pigs per pen shall not exceed 15 and the loading density shall not exceed 265 kg / m2. When the temperature during transportation is higher than 25 ° C or lower than 5 ° C, necessary measures shall be taken to avoid stress reactions in pigs. During the parking period, the health status of the pigs should be observed, and the ventilation and isolation should be adjusted appropriately if necessary.
8. The carrier shall timely clean and disinfect the transport vehicle before loading and after unloading. Record in detail the quarantine certificate number, the number of live pigs, the time of delivery, the place of departure, the place of arrival, the route of delivery, vehicle cleaning, disinfection, and the epidemic, illness, and disposal of pigs with unknown causes of death during transportation.
Nine, the animal health supervision agency and its official veterinarians shall strictly check the record of the transport vehicles after receiving the quarantine declaration of the origin of pigs. If they find that the transport vehicles have not been filed, they shall order corrections and notify the competent animal husbandry and veterinary department.
X. If transport vehicles are found to have not been cleaned and disinfected in accordance with regulations, live pigs without animal quarantine certificates attached, or not filed in accordance with regulations, shall be handled by animal health supervision agencies in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law of the People's Republic of China.
11. This announcement will come into effect on December 1, 2018.